Sunderdhunga virtually suggests the valley of beautiful stones. The eminent glaciers of this vale are Maiktoli and Sukhram. Sunderdhunga vale is on the proper aspect of poet vale in Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand state. Trek to Sunderdhunga vale is taken into account tough compared with Pindari and Kafni ice mass trek.
The trekking route up to village Khati is prevailing among Pindari, Kafni and Sunderdhunga ice mass. The cover peaks clearly visible during this trek ar Mrigthuni (6856mts), Maiktoil (6803mts), Panwalidwar (6663mts) and Tharkot (6100mts). The trek to Sunderdhunga goes through Jaitoli, Dudhia Dhaung and Kathalia. Sunderdhunga is one among the should visit trekking place in Kumaon region because the trek offers a range of natural splendors.
Day 01: Kathgodam - Bageshwar - Loharkhet
After having breakfast, drive from Kathgodam to Bageshwar via Almora. Explore the city of Bageshwar and visit the recent Bagnath temple at the confluence of Saryu and Gomti River. Purchase all necessary things from the market of Bageshwar. When lunch head towards Loharkhet and reach by evening. Organize for guide and porter a similar day if needed. KMVN has Rest homes in Loharkhet. Long in Loharkhet.
Day 02: Loharkhet - Dhakuri
Loharkhet is set at an elevation of 1,760mts higher than water level. Begin opening of trek to Pindari and Kafni ice mass. The trek is easy however quite steep and goes through dense forest. When following the path for few additional kilometers from Dhakuri Khal you reach Dhakuri. Read of snowcapped peaks of southern wall of the mountain peak Sanctuary is visible from Dhakuri Khal. Dhakuri is set at an elevation of 2,680mts amidst dense forest. Long in Dhakuri.
Day 03: Dhakuri - Khati - Jaitoli
Khati is that the biggest village that just can bump into on the trek to Pindari ice mass. The path passes through thick forest of Rhododendrons. It’s the last village on the way Pindari and Kafni ice mass, set at an elevation of 2,210mts higher than water level. Be able to charge your batteries by paying to run the generator. KMVN building is set 500mts before Khati village. Khati is set on the banks of Poet River. It’s believed that the hospitable villagers ar descendents of the race who provided pandavas with shelter. The pet dogs here have metal collars therefore the wild animals do not grab them by the throat. Jaitoli is set at an elevation of 2,440mts higher than water level. Long in Jaitoli.
Day 04: Jatoli - Dhungia Dhaun - Kathalia
The distance that just have to be compelled to cowl these days is 13kms. Quite 1/2 the journey goes through thick alpine forest and therefore the trek is ranked as moderate. Dhungia Dhaun is set 8kms from Jatoli. There are shepherd tents in Dudhia Dhaung. On the far side Dudhia Dhaung, it’s necessary to require a guide even for skilled and skilled trekkers however it might be higher if you book a guide and porter from the terribly starting of the trek. Consequent halt is Kathalia, set at an elevation of 3,206mts higher than water level. Kathalia is that the last haunted village on the way Sunderdhunga ice mass. Long in Kathalia.
Day 5 (Kathalia - Maiktoli Top / Sukhram cave):
Enjoy serious breakfast in Kathalia and make a choice from totally different methods resulting in two different viewpoints. The route from Kathalia diverts to Maiktoli high and Sukhram Cave. Each these destinations ar set 7kms from Kathalia. Trek to Maiktoli high could be a steep and effortful climb however the rewards ar nice with colossal views of the range of mountains. Maiktoli high is set 4,320mts higher than water level. On the opposite hand, Sukhram cave is additionally set 7km faraway from Kathalia within the other way. Sukhram cave could be a lovely place to look at out for and be able to read Sunderdhunga view-point from here. Sunderdhunga view-point is set 3,900mts higher than water level. Be able to conjointly trek to Sunderdhunga read purpose to Maiktoli and come to Kathalia however the route from Sukhram Cave to Maiktoli is arduous. Trek to each destinations the day when another and long in Kathalia for each situations.
Day 6 (Kathalia - Jaitoli):
The trek descends down from Kathalia to Jaitoli aqnd will be simply completed at intervals 5hrs. Walk slowly and luxuriate in each moment of fantastically enriched scenic splendors of Sunderdhunga vale. Long in Jaitoli.
Day 7: Jaitoli - Khati - Dhakuri:
Depart from Jaitoli and head towards Khati. Trek to Khati from Jaitoli is sort of straightforward however the trek goes moderate from Khati to Dhakuri because it is sort of debilitating. The ultimate kilometers of the trek is also effortful however crammed with unhappy reminiscences and an expertise to share? Long in Dhakuri.
Day 8: Dhakuri - Loharkhet - Almora - Kathgodam
After breakfast follow the downward path all the thanks to Loharkhet. Drive to Almora or Kausani otherwise will directly depart to Kathgodam.
Day 01: Kathgodam – Bageshwar – Loharkhet
Day 02: Loharkhet – Dhakuri
Day 03: Dhakuri – Khati – Jaitoli
Day 04: Jatoli – Dhungia Dhaun – Kathalia
Day 5: (Kathalia – Maiktoli Top / Sukhram cave)
Day 6:(Kathalia – Jaitoli)
Day 7: Jaitoli – Khati – Dhakuri
Day 8: Dhakuri – Loharkhet – Almora – Kathgodam
Get yourself fit/Fitness Parameter:-
How to get fit for the Kafni Glacier Trek
The Kafni Glacier Trek is classified as a trek of moderate difficult. Trek up to an altitude of over 12,664 feet. Have to make sure lungs are strong for this.
On the Kafni Glacier Trek, the trail has steep uphill sections. Hence, this requires a good amount of endurance. Can begin by jogging every day. Start jogging at a slow pace and then keep increasing pace day by day. Make sure you are able to jog 4 km in 20 minutes before the start of the trek. It takes time to be able to cover this distance in the given time. Swimming, cycling and stair climbing without too many breaks in between can help too.
This is another area should work on. There is a lot of trekking distance that will cover in high altitude carrying backpacks. Have to walk on uneven terrain during the trek. It could be taxing for legs. For this, strengthening legs will help. Can do some squats to strengthen them. Do around 3 sets of squats, with 8 squats in each set.
Another aspect that will help trek comfortably is flexibility. For this, can do some stretching exercises – stretch hamstrings, quadriceps, and hip flexors, lower back muscles and shoulders regularly. On trek, it is important that arrive on the slopes with muscles relaxed. Carrying a backpack, however light, can become a strain after a while. These exercises will help to be in good shape before the trek.
Working out indoors
If you can’t go out and jog because of time and space constraints, here’s a video can use to work out indoors.
Things to take/Essential things to take:-
What to take on the Kafni Glacier trek?
- Trekking shoes: The trek distance is long and will have to walk for long distances which need to have comfortable trekking shoes. Can watch this video to learn to choose the right trekking shoes.
- Backpack (40-60 litres): A backpack with sturdy straps and a supporting frame. Rain cover for backpack is essential.
The Miyar Valley Dun trek happens round the year except for monsoons so make sure have the proper clothing as per the season demands so can keep yourself protected during the trek.
- Three (Five in Winter) Warm Layers: Will be trekking and camping at high altitudes. So make sure have the apt clothes for the climatic conditions. It will be cold at the higher altitudes so make sure have at least three layers of warm clothes to protect.
- Two trek pants: One pair of pants should suffice for this trek. But can carry one spare pair in case the first one gets wet. Wear one pair and carry one pair.
- Two collared t-shirts: Carry light, full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sun burns on the neck and arms. Again, wear one and carry one.
- Thermals (Optional): Those who are more susceptible to cold can carry thermals to wear at night.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. There might be snow in Har Ki Dun Valley or from Kalkatiyadhaar (depending on the season you are going in), so carry a pair of sunglasses.
- Sun cap: The sun is more harsh at high altitudes so wear a suncap to protect your face and neck.
- Synthetic hand gloves: One pair of fleece or woolen hand gloves. One pair of water proof/resistant, wind proof gloves.
- Balacla: May use woollen scarves instead as well.
- Socks (2 pairs): Apart from two sports socks, can take a pair of woollen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
- Trekking pole: Watch this video to understand why you need a trekking pole.
- Daypack (20 litres): If offloading backpack, will need a smaller backpack to carry water, medical kit and some light snacks.
- Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturiser, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- Cutlery: Carry a spoon, coffee mug and a lunch box. We insist on trekkers getting their own cutlery for hygiene reasons.
- Two water bottles: 1 litre each
- Plastic covers: While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalise things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
Mandatory Personal Medical Kit
- Diamox – 10 tablets (to prevent AMS)
- Crocin – 6 tablets (fever)
- Avomine – 4 tablets (motion sickness)
- Avil 25mg – 4 tablets (allergies)
- Combiflam – 4 tablets (Pain killer)
- Disprin – 6 tablets (headache)
- Norflox TZ & Lomofen– 6 tablets each (diarrhea)
- Digene – 10 tablets (acidity)
- Omez/ Rantadine – 10 tablets (antacids)
- Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
- Gauze – 1 small roll
- Band aid – 10 strips
- Cotton – 1 small roll
- ORS – 10 packets
- Betadine or any antiseptic cream
- Moov spray (aches, & sprains)
Please carry the below documents. Document two and three need to be downloaded (PDF), filled in, signed and handed over to the trek leader at the base camp.
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate and Disclaimer (to be filled by the trekker) – Download PDF
Medical certificate (to be filled by a doctor)
Map & getting’s there/Map:-
What are the risks on the Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
The Annapurna Base Camp trek is ranked moderate-difficult. If have got registered for this trek, then here is a few info that just should recognize so as to own a secure trek. At Diganta, we have a tendency to believe that as long as sophisticated and well-prepared, survive simply at high altitudes.
The first principle trek has long distances to be lined every day. Though there aren’t any technical sections, this high altitude trek comes with many risks. The trek climbs terribly speedily from Dovan to Machapuchare Base camp. There are many stretches with terribly steep ascents and descents. These are a number of the items wish to be conscious of.
What Diganta does to ensure safety?
Our philosophy is straightforward. Have a tendency to ingrain safety aspects within the individuals have a tendency to work with, within the processes that we have a tendency to follow, and within the instrumentality we feature. All trek leaders are trained repeatedly on issues of safety and protocols. Most problems are resolved with their intervention.
Right from the time opt to register for the trek until the Doomsday of the trek, these safety procedures are going to be running within the background. Listed a number of them below:-
1. Fitness criteria before registration
Over years of organizing high altitude treks, found that issues of safety thrive amongst people who are unfit and unprepared for the trek. Thus introduced associate eligibility criteria for the first principle trek. Anyone who desires to register for the first principle trek must meet the fitness necessities, with the perfect BMI. The BMI and fitness regime would require proof. A high altitude trek isn’t to be taken nonchalantly.
2. Monitoring health on a trek
On the first principle trek, Trek Leader are going to be observation 2 aspects thrice each day.
- chemical element Level
- heart rate
- pressure levels are going to be checked once each day.
This will facilitate United States make sure that body is acclimatizing as needed.
Every traveler are going to be given a Health Card at the start of the trek. The Health Card is issued to observe the trekker’s daily health, whereby they’re going to be coming into details concerning their health every day. It additionally contains details of what symptoms one ought to look out for and what action ought to be taken throughout emergencies. These Health Cards are going to be collected back at the top of the trek.
3. High Altitude Medical Kit
Trek leader are going to be carrying a full-fledged high altitude medical kit. This can embrace basic medicines and specific medicines occupation to hypoxia – Diamox, Dexamethasone Intensol (tablets and injections) and Procardia. Trek Leader also will be carrying a conveyable chemical element cylinder throughout the trek. Additionally to it, there are chemical element cylinders put in in the least high altitude campsites for any emergency things.
4. High Altitude Trek Equipment
To ensure safe trekking on snowy piece of land, Diganta can offer with micro-spikes to connect to shoes. This can provide with sensible traction on laborious snow. To avoid snow from coming into shoes, Diganta can offer with gaiters that just will placed on over shoes. Have qualified technical guides with, who can lead the means on troublesome piece of land.
All our sleeping baggage and tents are customized for top altitude. If it’s cold outside, it’ll be around ten degrees hotter within the tent. The sleeping baggage will face up to temperatures up to -10 C.
5. Being hydrated and well-nourished on the trek
Need to drink a minimum of four liters of water each day throughout the trek to confirm that well hydrous. De-hydration on a trek will cause to lose energy terribly quickly and intensify the consequences of AMS. Trek leader can transient concerning the number of water that just ought to carry with at the beginning of every day further as water sources on the path.
We provide trekkers with nutrient meals to confirm that they’re energized to complete the path day by day. Excluding this, snacks or packed lunch is provided where the path before a meal break is probably going to be long. Certify that just don’t skip any meal as this could cause serious health emergencies on high altitudes.
With of these processes and instrumentality in situ, be rest assured that just can have a secure trek with Diganta. Nevertheless, ought to take care and report the slightest of symptoms to trek leader as before long as feeling them.
What compulsorily need to know if going on the ABC trek?
Acute Mountain Sickness:
At high feeling any symptoms of AMS on the trek, want to report back to the Trek Leader like a shot. Don’t wait until the top of the day’s trek. Don’t try and handle it yourself either. Trek Leaders are well-trained and intimate with to handle any cases and that they are going to be the choice manufacturers in any such cases.
Watch the below video to know the symptoms of Acute altitude sickness. During this video, the founding father of Diganta also will tell the protocol to follow after see somebody showing symptoms of AMS.
What to do if have symptoms of AMS?
If feeling any symptoms of AMS on the trek, want to report back to the Trek Leader like a shot. Don’t wait until the top of the day’s trek. Don’t try and handle it yourself either. Trek Leaders are well-trained and intimate with to handle any cases and that they are going to be the choice manufacturers in any such cases.
Watch the below video to know the symptoms of Acute altitude sickness. During this video,the founding father of Diganta also will tell the protocol to follow after see somebody showing symptoms of AMS.
Why should personally know about the risks and precautions of high altitude treks?
If ever discover alone at high altitude, either whereas trekking severally or with another organization, there are some life -saving steps take. Firstly, ought to be able to recognize symptoms of hypoxia. Thus acquaint with the symptoms.
Secondly, there may well be instances after need to administer medicines to or to a fellow traveler. There are 3 life-saving medicines that we propose mostly keep it up– Diamox, Dexamethasone Intensol and Procardia.
If trekking with Diganta, don’t administer these to anyone while not consulting Trek Leader. If trekking severally then wish to understand once precisely to administer these medicines and in what dose.
Also make sure that well hydrous throughout the trek and don’t skip any meal.
Can watch the video below to be told concerning HAPE and HACE and the way to tackle them. Within the video, Sandhya UC, partner at Diganta, explains very well concerning High Altitude pulmonic and cerebral dropsy, what the symptoms are and the way to tackle them.
We cannot stress enough on however vital it’s for to speak any symptom to Trek Leader. Solely then trek leader are going to be able to take steps at the correct time.
Acute Mountain Sickness
If of the opinion that work individuals don’t get AMS, please get obviate that notion promptly. AMS will effect on anyone while not paying heed to their fitness and previous expertise at high altitude! Hypoxia doesn’t distinguish between a primary timer and an intimate with traveler.
For a lot of careful info concerning acute altitude sickness, transfer and study the manual below.
Cancelation policy/Terms & Cancelation Policy:-
Terms & Conditions
1. Cancellation: If a trek is named off at the last moment thanks to a natural calamity/unforseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc), Diganta can issue a trek voucher for the total quantity. The voucher is ransomed for an equivalent trek or another trek within the next one year.
In case, want to cancel trek, please login to account and cancel. Cancellation requests won’t be taken phone or email.
The cancellation charges are as under:
- Cancellations before thirty days from the beginning of the trek — full refund.
- Cancellation between thirty days and twenty days to the beginning of the trek — five hundredth refund.
- Cancellation but twenty days to the beginning of the trek — no refund.
Please note: Just in case of refund, there’ll be a deduction of four-dimensional (cancellation charges) from the full fee have got paid. Also, if have got opted for a trek insurance, the number won’t be refunded.
The trek fee includes all prices of the trek from obtain at Pokhara on Day one until the move to Pokhara on Day eight.
2. The trek fee: Includes are going to be picked up from Pokhara on Day one. Attempt to reach Pokhara each day earlier or latest by 7.00 am on Day one. The time and place for obtain are going to be communicated to by trek arranger.
3. Pick up: Trekkers can prepare the vehicle obtain are drop to and from Pokhara. Participants are going to be clubbed along to share a cab/private vehicle. Every vehicle accommodates 6-7 individuals.
4. Transport: Diganta expects all trekkers to hold their own backpacks. All common gear are going to be carried by the support team. If for a few reason a traveler is unable to hold his or her backpack, he/she will offload an equivalent by paying a further charge.
Backpack offloading charge for the whole trek length is Rs. 4,725 inclusive of tax. Partial offloading isn’t allowed. Ought to inform United States earlier, in writing, if want to dump backpack. The backpack cannot weigh quite nine metric weight unit. No suitcases/strolleys/duffel baggage are going to be allowed. On-line offloading earlier is feasible up to 2 days before the trek begin date.
5. Backpack offloading: Diganta very trek a medical emergency or the other emergency might arise. If for any reason sent down from the trek then Diganta can build arrangements for come back to the bottom camp or nearest road head. A workers can accompany. He might not be a trained personnel.
Evacuation or coping with emergencies is very troublesome within the mountains. It’s time intense further. A traditional trek of two hours might take 6 hours in associate emergency (a diseased person isn’t straightforward to evacuate). Doctors don’t go beside a team. Doctors don’t seem to be accessible at the bottom camp or nearest road head either. Diganta trek leaders are trained to administer aid and shrewdness to subsume problems associated with the mountains. However, they’re not doctors.
Registering for this trek is associate perceiving that just have browse informed the difficulties of high altitude trekking and understand the risks. Have got additionally understood what AMS, HAPE and HACE ar. Have got taken efforts to teach and in a very position to manage own altitude connected emergency.
6. Emergency during trek: In an altitude trek within the chain needs appreciable fitness. Body has to train itself to method a lot of work with lower levels of chemical element. Vas coaching before a trek is critically vital. Coaching should embrace strength and adaptability sweat. We’ve ordered out the eligibility criteria here. Registering for the trek is associate understanding that just can undertake the mandated fitness coaching. Diganta has the correct to reject candidates who don’t meet our eligibility demand at the bottom camp.
7. Fitness: A high isn’t accountable for any loss/damage of gears/equipment or different belongings on the trek.
8. Non-liability: Diganta for the trek is done on-line through credit/debit card or web banking. Cheque/draft or money isn’t accepted.
9. Payment: Payment the trek is strictly prohibited. If found flouting the foundations, participation on the trek are going to be off with immediate impact.
10. Drinking and smoking: During
11. Safety Protocol:
a. Whereas itineraries are designed to permit for adequate acclimatization, most treks in Indian chain climb quickly, that is named forced accents. Inconvenience of camp sites and therefore the Indian chain of mountains piece of land are the explanation for this. There are probabilities that just can feel the consequences of hypoxia and chemical element deprivation whereas on this trek. Please remember that trek leader might take for it unsafe for to continue trekking at any time, and prepare for to descend to a lower perspective.
b. Trek leaders can conduct routine health checks in the least camps to live chemical element saturation, pulse and pressure. Diganta reserves the correct to exclude any traveler from ascent higher on the trek while not refund if the trekker’s very important readings are below accepted norms for that altitude. These norms are accessible with Diganta trek leaders.
c. This is often a high altitude trek with rough, rocky and snowy piece of land. It’s vital that just are a work and assured walker in mountain piece of land, able to manage ascents and descents among an affordable time. Diganta reserves the correct to show around a traveler if within the opinion of trek leader they’re unable to complete the itinerary while not requiring exclusive help. Please realistically self-assess fitness and quality for this trek before registering.