What makes Hampta Pass a terrific crossover trek?
Hampta Pass is an uncommon, special pass. It climbs out of lush green valleys of Kullu to a perpendicular overhang, high within the mountains. The overhang you stand on is sort of sort of a balcony read to a distinct world below the deserts of Lahaul. From the pass, you see the Lahaul depression in one wide bird’s-eye sweep. It’s one the foremost dramatic twists in landscape you’ll see!
Take the image higher than as an example. You’ll see the Shea Goru camp in Lahaul depression. Notice the semi-barren hills round the camping area. Compare this to the leafage of the Jwara meadows within the next image. None of our moderate level treks provide such abrupt changes in scenery because the Hampta Pass trek. Other to the current, every of the campsites on this trek area unit terribly pretty – Jobra that lies at the sting of the forest , the angiosperm meadows of Jwara camping area, the stream delta camp of Balu Hindu deity Ghera, the desert oasis that’s Shea Goru and picturesque Chhatru, besides Chandrabhaga stream. Each day of this trek brings forth a distinct piece of ground to expertise. Do the trek for its fast, dramatic scenery changes and, of course, the novel pass-crossing.
Day 1: Reach Jobra
The base camp for the Hampta Pass trek is Jobra. The picturesque drive from Manali, in conjunction with forty two pin turns, has bird’s-eye views of Kullu depression. The blue blood Nallah, that you may trek aboard until it disappears beneath the snow of Hampta Pass, starts incidental you from here. From the road head at Jobra, the camping area could be a 30-minute trek through a mixed forest of pine, bright inexperienced maple trees and light common birch.
- Altitude: 9,800 ft. (2,987 m)
- Time taken: 2 hours’ drive from Manali to Jobra; 30 minute trek to Jobra campsite. Reach Prini (Keylinga Inn) by 11.30 am. Lunch and transport to Jobra will be arranged by.
Cross the road wherever you get far from the vehicle and take the little path into the forest. The forest is usually Pine with associate degree occasional Maple tree with its new lush inexperienced leaves – a nice modification within the vegetation. It’s a straightforward slope and when twenty minutes into the forest, you return to a bend with a large rock that overlooks a grassland strewn with little rocks.
Camp within the meadows for the night to conform higher.
Day 2: Jobra to Jwara
- Altitude: 9,800 ft. (2.987 m) to 11,072 ft. (3,375 m)
- Time taken: 5-6 hours, 7 km
- Trek gradient: Easy-moderate. Easy walk to Chika for about an hour followed by 2 hours of ascent through a boulder section. Descent for 1-1.5 hours easing off into a level walk.
- Water sources: Carry sufficient water from Jobra. You can refill your water bottles from the river along the trail.
The meadow close to Jobra has the patrician Nallah or rani stream flowing in between and on either aspect you may see hills with rock faces. Some cows and sheep graze within the meadow that is lined with Maple and Pine trees. Early within the season one might realize some snow by the aspect of the stream.
You can traverse on the grassland or climb up the left hill. The climb makes the trail slightly shorter. The stream flows right within the middle and water isn’t any issue. You’ll take an occasion here – Chika.
Jwara is to the correct of Chika, and may be known by a few of waterfalls within the distance. Head right however stay the neighborhood of the stream throughout. The initial climb is especially through stones and boulders. The going is rarely too troublesome. The correct bank of the stream is laced with dwarf Rhododendrons within the lower and middle region of the mountain and Birch trees grow at the higher finish.
Look back and you may see the Dhauladhar vary with its covered peaks. It makes a reasonably image. You may realize a falls on to your left. Relax and fill again your water provides at this spot.
After the falls, you progress towards your right, heading towards the stream that features a heap of boulders around it. Kick off your shoes if you want and jump across the rocks on the blue blood Nallah. The water is icy cold mutually would expect. You’re currently concerning approach through your trek as you enter a walled depression. On one aspect of the depression area unit the rock faces and on the opposite finish is that the stream below. Once you cross the stream, you’re at Jwara wherever nature is at her dramatic best.
Day 3: Trek from Jwara to Balu Ka Ghera
- Altitude: 11,072 ft (3,375 m) to 12,411 ft (3,783 m)
- Time taken: 4-5 hours, 5 km
- Trek gradient: Moderate. Short meadow walk followed by boulder section for a couple of hours, leading to a trail on loose rocks all the way. Very gradual incline through the day.
- Water sources: Carry sufficient water. You will find streams along the trail to refill your water bottles.
The river has snow flows melting and feeding it whereas various sheep and mules kill the green grass. Before are snowy mountains on the far side that lies the Hampta Pass.
Walk on the patrician watercourse heading into an oblong valley. On your means you may realize a range of small flowers – purple, yellow, pink etc. The trees are currently left behind. You won’t realize them any longer for quite it slow. It takes about half an hour to cross the natural depression. When you kick off of Jwara, you wish to run additional on. The parcel flattens as you reach Chota Balu Hindu deity Ghera wherever you’ll rest for a small amount and have a fast snack. Then continue additional on the river, crossing little snow flows and jumping across rocks.
Towards the top, the rocks are quite way apart and jumping across gets tough. Soon after, you may reach the destination for the day – Balu Hindu deity Ghera or the bed of sand. The bottom is created principally by the sand and mud brought down by the river.
It is tier ground and behind you’re the mountains you may traverse following day to cross the Hampta Pass. Pitch your tent and revel in an attractive sunset behind the Hanuman Tibba peak. You’re currently about to 12,500 foot higher than water level.
Day 4: Balu Ka Ghera to Shea Goru via Hampta Pass
- Altitude: 12,411 ft (3,783 m) to 12,254 ft (3,735 m) via 14,035 ft (4,278 m)
- Time taken: 9 hours, 6.65 km
- Trek gradient: Moderate. An hour of gradual ascent after which the trail becomes steep uphill till the pass, interspersed with short descents. 2 hours of steep descent from the pass, easing off into a flat walk.
- Water sources: None. Carry 2 liters of water from Balu ka Ghera. Late season streams likely once the snow melts.
Today’s trek may be broken into 2 stages – the climb to Hampta Pass that is moderately steep followed by a steep descent to Shea Goru. You may need to require a little break at the highest of the pass therefore build it your target to succeed in the travel lunch time, have lunch there and so begin the descent.
You begin your day by heading towards the mountains from Balu Hindu deity Ghera. You’ll get a pleasing surprise with uncountable little pink and yellow flowers growing by the facet of the watercourse. Move on the river for associate degree hour when that you may be higher than it. At therefore me points the path could turn so watch out to not stray. Stick with your team. When associate degree hour of light gradient in a very rock fall prone space, the climb picks up. This can be the primary serious incline you may encounter. 0.5 associate degree hour into the climb, you may reach the primary highland. Here you get to envision the Deo Tibba peak right before of you. If you’re here throughout early summer, there’s an honest probability that this complete section is stuffed with snow. At different times, you’ll get just some patches of snow.
Before descendant right down to the facet of the second ridge, continue walking on the primary ridge for a little distance to induce a 360 degree read of the intriguing mountain peaks like Peak 5260surrounding you. This can be an honest spot for a broad shot. When descendant down and quarter-hour of going by the facet, you start the vertical climb that gets over in twenty minutes. You’ll be panting at the top of it however you’re virtually there at 14,000 ft, atop the Hampta Pass.
The descent is slightly trickier than the ascent. It will vary slightly counting on the snow condition too. Slippery down could also be associate degree choice if there’s snow. From the pass, take a flip towards the proper. You’ll see the Lahaul facet of the pass below. You may got to vanquish slippery soil and stones too. In 0.5 associate degree hour the primary downhill run is completed.
A reversion brings you right below the pass. From here it’s a straight downhill trek on snow; you’ll additionally follow the zig-zag path down till you hit the natural depression below. In associate degree hour and a 0.5 you may be at the bottom of the natural depression. Tall snowy mountains surround you from 3 facets and also the open side leads you to Shea Goru.
Shea Goru is associate degree virtually level walk from here. It ought to be a straightforward walk although some could realize it wearing when the long day traversing the pass. You may realize the watercourse once more, flowing to your right. Select a pleasant camp website about to the watercourse and retire jubilantly for the day when crossing the Hampta Pass.
Day 5: Shea Goru to Chhatru; drive to Chandratal and back to Chhatru
- Altitude: 12,254 ft (3,735 m) to 10,898 ft (3,322 m) to 14,100 ft (4,298 m)
- Time taken: 4 – 4.5 hours; 6.87 km
- Trek gradient: Moderate. 2-2.5 hours of walking on moraine and loose rocks on gentle inclines, followed by descent to Chhatru across a couple of glacial flows.
- Water sources: Carry sufficient water from Shea Goru. You will find a few sources on the way to refill your water bottles.
As you progress nearer to the road, the descent gets a bit tough. You may have to be compelled to traverse by the perimeters of rocks and typically it’d simply be easier to induce down into the river/glacier bed below to skip the rocky section and obtain make a copy.
There also are some of places with slippery soil. Therefore you wish to be nimble and hop down them to forestall yourself from slippery.
This section would take 2½ – three hours after you are out of the mountains. You’re still at a height however you’ve got the road right across and also the Chandra watercourse separating you from the road.
Two to 3 immense glacial flows come back down from the mountains on the facet to the Chandra watercourse.
You will have to be compelled to cross these streams to succeed in an inhabitation spot that has water.
Choose an inhabitation spot about to one in all the various streams that be a part of the watercourse. Chhatru may be a pretty campground. You get pretty views of the various mountain ranges. The Chandra watercourse flows in speed right below.
If the roads are clear and empty snow, a visit to Chandratal, the moon lake may be a should after you are in Spiti. Chhatru is concerning seventy kilometer removed from Chandratal. You may take a vehicle to Chandratal from Chhatru. The journey takes concerning three hours and also the road is sort of jolting, therefore it’s suggested that you simply begin well before 3:00 PM. those that have kinetosis, don’t forget to require Avomine tablets.
Please note that the road to Chandratal is extraordinarily unclean and may result in drawback if you’re wheezing.
If you’ve got some energy to spare, walk up hill next to Chandratal. From the highest, excluding having the ability to spot the moon form of the lake, you’ll be able to see a second lake come in the gap enclosed with scenic peaks just like the CB-13.
Since Chandratal is at associate degree altitude of 14,100 feet there ar smart probabilities of being hit by acute altitude sickness if you’re not well hydrous. Head to the security section to search out out additional.
In late summers, the road exposes to Chhatru and on the far side. If you’re early or late within the season, Chandratal could also be dominated out and you’ll got to walk on the road up to an area wherever the road has be cleared off its snow flows.
Day 6: Drive from Chhatru to Manali
Once an early morning account, bid the Spiti valley cheerio and head back to Manali. The journey from Chhatru to Manali passes through Rohtang Pass and might take upto four hours. The scenery all through the route may be a treat in itself. Don’t forget to raise our trek leaders to show you some cluster games like Hand Uno and Lateral things, to play on the means back!
Day 1: Arrive early in the morning at Manali. Get to Keylinga Inn, Prini, by 11.30 am. Start for Jobra immediately after lunch (2 hours’ drive). Trek to Jobra campsite (30 minute trek).
Day 2: Trek from Jobra (9,800 ft) to Jwara (11,072 ft); 7.14 km, 6 hours
Day 3: Jwara (11,072 ft) to Balu ka Ghera (12,411 ft); 5 km, 4 hours
Day 4: Balu Ka Ghera (12,411 ft) to Shea Goru (12,254 ft.) via Hampta Pass (14,035 f); 6.65 km, 9 hours
Day 5: Shea Goru (12,254 ft) to Chhatru (10,898 ft.); 6.87 km, 5 hours; visit Chandrataal and return to Chhatru camp
Day 6: Chhatru to Manali; 4-5 hours’ drive. You are expected to reach Manali around 4.00 pm.
Get yourself fit/Fitness Parameter:-
How to get fit for the Hampta Pass trek?
The Hampta Pass trek is of moderate problem. You begin at associate altitude of 14, 380 ft. associated reach a you trek up to an altitude of over 14, 380 ft. You start from an altitude of 9,800 feet at Jobra and reach the highest point of 14,035 feet at Hampta Pass. Your first day of trekking- Jobra to Jwara sees a lot of altitude gain (9,800 ft to 11,000 ft). You have to make sure your lungs are strong for this.
On the Hampta Pass trek, you have got to hide a median of ten click daily. This needs a decent quantity of endurance. You’ll be able to begin by cardiopulmonary exercise every day. Begin slowly and increase your pace every day. Swimming, athletics and step rise while not too several breaks in between will facilitate too.
Here’s a fitness routine that works:
–>Target finishing five click in thirty five minutes once you begin.
–> bit by bit increase your pace by running four times every week and convey it all the way down to five click in but thirty five minutes.
–>This holds true for trekkers on top of forty five years conjointly.
If you’re someone you prefers athletics over running, then try and cowl twenty two click in hr.
Working out indoors
Hampta Pass If you can’t go out and jog because of time and space constraints.
Things to take/Essential things to take:-
What to take on the Hampta Pass Trek?
Hampta Pass is conducted during the monsoon months, so it highly likely you’ll encounter rain/snowfall on your trek. Ensure you carry a windcheater and rain pants or a poncho to have a comfortable trek.
- Trekking shoes: The trek distance is long and you will have to walk for long distances which need you to have comfortable trekking shoes. You can watch this video to learn to choose the right trekking shoes.
- Backpack (40-60 liters): A backpack with sturdy straps and a supporting frame. Rain cover for backpack is essential.
- Daypack (20 liters): As this is a crossover trek, you would only need a daypack if you are offloading your backpack.
On a trek, carry fewer garments than you’d unremarkably want. Don’t pack for ‘what if situations’. Which will solely increase the burden of your backpack and not be used on the trek. Once your garments get warm au courant a trek, you’ll not desire ever-changing. Simply maintain personal hygiene.
- Three Warm Layers: You will be trekking and camping at high altitudes. The Bhojbasa campsite is especially windy. So make sure you have the apt clothes for the climatic conditions. It will be cold at the higher altitudes so make sure you have at least three layers of warm clothes to protect yourself.
- Two trek pants: One pair of pants should suffice for this trek. But you can carry one spare pair in case the first one gets wet. Wear one pair and carry one pair. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
- Three collared t-shirts: Carry light, full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sun burns on the neck and arms. Let one of these be a dry-fit t-shirt. It will dry quickly in case you are trekking on a rainy day. A common mistake that trekkers make is not changing their t-shirts often enough. Regardless of how cold it is, the body tends to sweat a lot. Trekkers who don’t change to fresh clothes after reaching the campsite fall ill due to wet clothes and are often unable to complete their trek.
- Thermals (Optional): Those who are more susceptible to cold can carry thermals to wear at night.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness.
- Sun cap: The sun is harsher at high altitudes so wear a sun cap to protect your face and neck.
- Synthetic hand gloves: One pair of fleece or woolen hand gloves. One pair of water proof/resistant, wind proof gloves.
- Balaclava: You may use woolen scarves instead as well.
- Socks (2 pairs): Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
- Trekking pole:
- Daypack (20 liters): If you are offloading your backpack, you will need a smaller backpack to carry water, medical kit and some light snacks.
- Toiletries: Sunscreen, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer. Do not carry wet wipes since these are not biodegradable. If you do happen to use wet wipes to clean up after a trek, make sure you bring them back with you. The same holds for used sanitary napkins. Carry a zip lock bag to put used wet tissues and napkins. Bring this zip lock bag back with you to the city and do not dispose wet tissues and sanitary napkins in the mountains.
- Cutlery: Carry a spoon, coffee mug and a lunch box. We insist on trekkers getting their own cutlery for hygiene reasons.
- Two water bottles: 1 liter each
- Plastic covers: While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
Mandatory Personal Medical Kit
- Diamox – 10 tablets
- Dexamethasone – one strip
- Nifedipine – 5 tablets
- Crocin – 6 tablets (fever)
- Avomine – 4 tablets (motion sickness)
- Avil 25mg – 4 tablets (allergies)
- Combiflam – 4 tablets (Pain killer)
- Norflox TZ & Lomofen– 6 tablets each (diarrhea)
- Digene – 10 tablets (acidity)
- Omez/ Rantadine – 10 tablets (antacids)
- Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
- Gauze – 1 small roll
- Band aid – 10 strips
- Cotton – 1 small roll
- ORS – 10 packets
- Betadine or any antiseptic cream
- Moov spray (aches, & sprains)
- Knee cap, if you are prone to knee injury
- Anti-fungal powder
Please email a scan of your ID document (PAN, Aadhar card or Voter ID) to your Ground Coordinator as soon as you have finished registering for the trek. If you submit the Aadhar card or Voter ID scans, please make sure that we get both the side. This is required in advance to get the necessary trekking permissions.
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (driving license, voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate and Disclaimer (to be filled by the trekker)
- Medical certificate (to be filled by a doctor)
Map & getting’s there/Map:-
How to get to Manali/Prini
Delhi → Manali
Being a significant road head on the route to LA haul and Spiti, and any on to Ladakh, Manali may be a hub for travelers and tourists alike. You’ll be ready to obtain a number of your trek gear here.
Take a nightlong bus from city or Chandigarh. You’ll reach Manali early future morning (travel time from city is 12-14 hours/ Chandigarh is 8-10 hours). Tickets may be reserved on-line on www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in. HRTC or HPTDC buses square measure typically on schedule.
The meeting purpose goes to be Prini for batches beginning fifteenth Gregorian calendar month 2018. Prini is around three kilometer from Manali and autos square measure simply out there. Reach Keylinga lodge at Prinin by eleven.30 am sharp.
The trek ends at Chhatru. You’ll visit Chandratal if the weather and road conditions are favorable. Prepare transport to Chandratal from Chhatru and back on Day five. We’ll additionally prepare transport to Manali on Day six. The value of transport to Chandratal and back and to Manali isn’t enclosed in your trek fee. This may be an extra authority 8,500 per vehicle. It’ll take concerning 4-5 hours to succeed in Manali. If you permit before nine AM, you’ll be reaching Manali well before four PM (depends on road conditions). Keep for the night at Manali and book your come back tickets for future day. Buses from Manali to city leave between four.00 and 6.00 p.m. you’ll reach city future morning.
What are the risks on the Hampta Pass trek?
Since the Hampta Pass may be a pass crossing trek, just in case of emergencies there aren’t any easy exits. In winter, the path can have snow at higher sections. Small spikes are provided to run over slippery snow patches. On the primary day’s drive from Manali to Jobra you gain 3,075 feet. With important altitude gain there square measure probabilities of being hit by acute altitude sickness. To forestall this we tend to suggest that you simply keep well hydrous and continue a course of Diamox ranging from city.
How to ensure your safety?
We have a tendency to ingrain safety aspects within the folks we have a tendency to work with, within the processes that we have a tendency to follow, and within the instrumentation we supply. All our trek leaders’ square measure trained repeatedly on issues of safety and protocols. Most problems square measure resolved with their intervention.
1. Fitness criteria before registration
Over years of organizing high altitude treks, we’ve got found that questions of safety thrive amongst those that are unfit and unprepared for the trek. Therefore we’ve got introduced associate eligibility criteria for the Gaumukh Tapovan trek. Anyone who desires to register for the Gaumukh Tapovan trek must meet the fitness needs, with the perfect BMI. The BMI and fitness regime would force proof. A high altitude trek isn’t to be taken casually.
2. Monitoring health on a trek
On the Hampta Pass trek, your Trek Leader will be monitoring two aspects thrice a day.
- Oxygen Level
- Pulse Rate
Your Blood Pressure levels will be checked once a day.
This will help us ensure that your body is acclimatizing as required.
Every traveller are given a Health Card at the start of the trek. The Health Card is issued to observe the trekker’s daily health, whereby he are coming into details concerning his health every day. It additionally contains details of what symptoms he ought to look out for and what action he ought to take throughout emergencies. These Health Cards are taken back at the top of the trek.
3. High Altitude Medical Kit
Your trek leader will be carrying a full-fledged high altitude medical kit. This may embrace basic medicines and specific medicines occupation to hypoxia – Diamox, Oradexon (tablets and injections) and calcium blocker. Your Trek Leader will be carrying a conveyable O cylinder throughout the trek. Additionally to it, there are oxygen cylinders put in in the least high campsites for any emergency things.
4. High Altitude Trek Equipment
To ensure safe trekking on snowy tract, can offer with micro-spikes to connect to your shoes. This may offer you sensible traction on onerous snow. To avoid snow from coming into your shoes, can offer you with gaiters that you simply will placed on over your shoes. You’ll have qualified technical guides with you, UN agency can lead the means on tough tract, wherever there can be too much talus or earth.
All our sleeping baggage and tents square measure made-to-order for top altitude. If it’s cold outside, it’ll be around ten degrees hotter within the tent. The sleeping baggage will face up to temperatures up to -10 degree Centigrade.
5. Being hydrated and well-nourished on the trek
You wish to drink a minimum of four liters of water on a daily basis throughout the trek to make sure that you’re well hydrous. De-hydration on a trek will cause you to lose energy terribly quickly and intensify the consequences of AMS. Your trek leader can transient you concerning the quantity of water that you simply have to be compelled to carry with you at the beginning of every day further as water sources on the path.
We provide trekkers with wholesome meals to make sure that they’re energized to complete the path day after day. With the exception of this, snacks or packed lunch is provided where the path before a meal break is probably going to be long. Make certain that you simply don’t skip any meal as this will cause serious health emergencies on high altitudes.
With of these processes and instrumentality in situ, you’ll be rest assured that you simply can have a secure trek with.
Nevertheless, you’ll have to be compelled to take care and report the slightest of symptoms to your trek leader as before long as you’re feeling them.
What you compulsorily need to know if you’re going on the Hampta Pass trek?
If you have got registered for this trek, then here is a few data that you simply should apprehend so as to own a secure trek. At, we tend to believe that as long as you’re intelligent and well-prepared, you’ll survive simply at high altitude.
First thing you ought to apprehend is that Hampta Pass may be a High Altitude trek. It climbs up to associate altitude of 14,035 ft. thus it comes with its justifiable share of risks – hypoxia, lack of straightforward exit points, unfriendly tract and extreme altitude gain.
Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS)
AMS is one among the largest dangers on a high altitude trek like Hampta Pass. AMS happens once your body isn’t acclimatizing to its surroundings. It will accelerate terribly chop-chop, thus it’s necessary to spot the symptoms as before long as you see them. Before you scan any.
Where on the Hampta Pass trek is AMS likely to affect you:
We camp at Jobra (9,800 ft) on Day 1 to help your body to get acclimatised to high altitude since you climb over 2,000 ft the next day. It is is especially critical that you start drinking enough water and dress up warmly at Jobra to get used to the temperature drop from Delhi to Manali to Jobra. Given that you will be continuously ascending till the pass crossing day, you need to be cautious at all times.
Drive to Chandratal:
We tend to camp at Jobra (9,800 ft.) on Day one to assist your body to induce acclimatized to high altitude since you climb over a pair of,000 foot future day. it’s is particularly essential that you simply begin drinking enough water and dress up warmly at Jobra to induce accustomed the temperature drop from city to Manali to Jobra. On condition that you’ll be unendingly ascending until the pass crossing day, you wish to take care in the least times.
Exit points on the Hampta Pass trek:
we tend to camp at Jobra (9,800 ft.) on Day one to assist your body to induce acclimatized to high altitude since you climb over a pair of,000 foot future day. it’s is particularly essential that you simply begin drinking enough water and dress up warmly at Jobra to induce accustomed the temperature drop from city to Manali to Jobra. On condition that you’ll be unendingly ascending until the pass crossing day, you wish to take care in the least times.
Manali is wherever you’ll realize a hospital just in case of a medical emergency. Downhill to the nearest exit and progressing to Manali might take up to each day or additional betting on wherever you begin from.
Why you should personally know about the risks and precautions of high altitude treks?
If ever you discover yourself alone at high altitude, either whereas trekking severally or with another organization, there square measure some life-saving steps you’ll take. Firstly, you ought to be ready to recognize symptoms of hypoxia.
Secondly, there can be instances after you got to administer medicines to yourself or to a fellow traveller.
If you’re trekking severally then you wish to grasp once precisely to administer these medicines and in what dose.
The video below can assist you perceive what medicines to administer once and the way abundant. Sandhya UC, partner at, explains well concerning HAPE and HACE. Here, you’ll find out about the advanced symptoms square measure and the way to tackle them.
It is a myth that fit and experienced people are not affected by Acute Mountain Sickness:
If you’re of the opinion that work individuals don’t get AMS, please get obviate that notion promptly. AMS will anyone while not paying heed to their fitness and previous expertise at high altitude! Hypoxia doesn’t distinguish between a primary timer and a seasoned traveller.
For additional elaborated data concerning acute altitude sickness, you’ll transfer and study the manual below.
Cancelation policy/Terms & Cancelation Policy:-
What you need to know about the trek fee?
The trek fee of Rs. 9,950 + 5% GST covers all costs of the trek from Manali to Chhatru.
Here is what the trek fee includes:
- Accommodation – Stay is included from Day 1 to Day 5 (Jobra to Chhatru). You will be camping on all days of the trek (3 per tent).
- Transport – We will arrange for transport in shared cabs from Prini to Jobra on Day 1.
- Meals – All meals from lunch at Prini on Day 1 to breakfast at Chhatru on Day 6 are included. We provide simple, nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – You will stay in high quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Our high altitude sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC. We provide ice axes, roped, micro spikes, gaiters etc. as required.
- Safety equipment – First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers etc. will be available at all campsites to deal with emergencies.
- Services of an expert Trek Leader – All our trek leaders are qualified in basic / advanced mountaineering courses.
- Services of an expert Trek Team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of well-trained guides, cooks, helpers and porters.
Here is what the trek fee excludes:
- Food during transit to and from the base camp – The trek fee does not include meals purchased during the drive to Jobra or return from Chhatru.
- Backpack offloading charges – If you wish to offload your backpack, there will be an additional charge of Rs. 1,000 + 5% GST. The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kg. Suitcases/strolleys/duffel bags will not be allowed. Please note that charges will vary for last minute offloading in case you decide to offload your bag after reaching Prini (Rs. 350 per day inclusive of tax). Online offloading in advance is possible up to two days prior to the trek start date.
- Transport – We will arrange for a trip to Chandratal on Day 5 and drop to Manali on Day 6. This is not covered in the trek fee. The additional cost here will be INR 8,500 per vehicle.
- Stay at Manali on the last day
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from inclusions
Terms & Conditions
1. Cancellation: If a trek is termed off at the last moment because of a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc), can issue a trek voucher for the complete quantity. The voucher may be saved for constant trek or another trek within the next one year.
In case, you want to cancel your trek, please login to your account and cancel. Cancellation requests won’t be confiscate phone or email.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek — full refund.
- Cancellation between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek — 50% refund.
- Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the trek — no refund.
Please note: In case of refund, there will be a deduction of 4% (cancellation charges) from the total fee you have paid. Also, if you have opted for a trek insurance, the amount will not be refunded.
2. Pick up: Trekkers square measure needed to succeed in Keylinga lodge, Prini, three kilometer from Manali, by 11.30 am on Day one. Once a brief making known session and lunch, we’ll begin for Jobra at 1:00 PM.
3. Backpack carrying: Trekkers square measure needed to succeed in Keylinga lodge, Prini, three kilometer from Manali, by 11.30 am on Day one. Once a brief making known session.
4. Emergency during trek: During a trek a medical emergency or the other emergency might arise. If for any reason you’re sent down from the trek then can create arrangements for your come back to the bottom camp or nearest road head. An employees can accompany you. He might not be a trained personnel.
Evacuation or addressing emergencies is extraordinarily tough within the mountains. It’s time intense further. A standard trek of two hours might take six hours in associate emergency (a sufferer isn’t straightforward to evacuate). Doctors don’t go together with a team. Doctors aren’t out there at the bottom camp or nearest road head either. Trek leaders square measure trained to administer attention and knowledge to contend with problems associated with the mountains. However, they’re not doctors.
Registering for this trek is associate perceiving that you simply have scan abreast of the difficulties of high altitude trekking and understand the risks. You have got additionally understood what AMS, HAPE and HACE square measure. You have got taken efforts to teach yourself and you’re during a position to manage your own altitude connected emergency.
5. Fitness: A high altitude trek within the Himalaya Mountains needs right smart fitness. Your body has to train itself to method additional work with lower levels of O. Therefore, on treks, vas coaching is critically necessary. You wish to be ready to jog a distance of five kilometer in thirty five minutes before begin of the trek. Unable to try and do thus will create your trek tough. Additionally, preparation of trek has to embrace strength and suppleness coaching. Registering for the trek is associate understanding that you simply can undertake the mandated fitness coaching. Trekkers UN agency haven’t adequately ready could also be asked to discontinue the trek at any purpose. Has the proper to reject candidates UN agency don’t meet our eligibility demand at the bottom camp.
6. Non-liability: Damage of your gears/equipment or different belongings on the trek.
7. Payment: Payment for the trek may be done on-line through credit/debit card or internet banking. Cheque/draft or money isn’t accepted.
8. Drinking and smoking: Throughout the trek is strictly prohibited. If found flouting the foundations, your participation on the trek are off with immediate result.
9. Route changes, postponement, delay or finishing the trek a day earlier: Beneath some extraordinary circumstance, your trek might finish each day earlier or begin each day later. This could become necessary because of inclement weather, snow and ice conditions, political restrictions or the other cause. Within the event of an amendment, postponement or delay, participants haven’t any right to refund of the trek.
10. Safety Protocol:
a. whereas our itineraries are designed to permit for adequate acclimation, most treks in Indian Himalaya Mountains climb quickly, that is termed forced accents. Unavailability of camp sites and therefore the Indian Himalayan tract square measure the rationale for this. There square measure chances that you simply can feel the consequences of hypoxia and O deprivation whereas on this trek. Please remember that your trek leader might take for it unsafe for you to continue trekking at any time, and prepare for you to descend to a lower perspective.
b. Our trek leaders can conduct routine health checks in the least camps to live O saturation, pulse and force per unit area. Reserves the proper to exclude any traveller from rising higher on the trek while not refund if the trekker’s important readings square measure below accepted norms for that altitude. These norms square measure out there with trek leaders.
c. this can be a high altitude trek with rough, rocky and snowy tract. It’s necessary that you simply square measure a work and assured walker in mountain tract, ready to manage ascents and descents by yourself inside an inexpensive time. Reserves the proper to show around a traveller if within the opinion of our trek leader they’re unable to complete the itinerary while not requiring exclusive help. Please realistically self-assess your fitness and quality for this trek before registering.